Speaker Terms & Conditions
Every speaker must agree to the following terms and conditions within five business days of receiving their invitation, in order to be accepted and added to the official agenda.
All confirmed speakers must provide their final presentation slide deck in PowerPoint or PDF form to DATAVERSITY no later than April 1, 2022. This is necessary to prepare digital versions of all conference presentation materials and distribute them to attendees before the live event begins. Speakers who do not meet this deadline risk being replaced on the program.
By accepting the invitation to speak, the speaker agrees to the standard copyright and reproduction terms of this event.
These terms are:
- Copyright in original presentation material remains with the speaker.
- DATAVERSITY® (and/or related entities) is granted the right to record, reproduce, and distribute each presentation in all forms of printed and electronic conference materials, including, but not limited to, the non-attendee conference proceedings, printed attendee notes, conference-related websites, and audio and/or video recordings (digital and/or analog), without royalties or fees payable to the speaker.
No Sales Pitches
All sessions will be rated by the audience for commercial content. Any speaker who is judged by the audience to have made an inappropriate sales pitch for their own company, book, product, or service (except during sponsored presentations) or whose presentation is otherwise deemed objectionable during a conference session risks having their presentation interrupted and/or halted, and may not be invited to participate at future conferences.
Legal and Financial Approval
By accepting this invitation, the speaker agrees that they have the legal and financial permission from their company or others to make the presentation under the terms outlined herein and that the presentation shall not infringe on the rights of any third party. If you do not have approval at this time, you may accept the invitation but must indicate your restrictions and/or approval time frame.
1. Registration Requirements:
Please note the registration requirements for your speaking category carefully:
- All speakers must register for the conference itself.
- Additional speakers who were not originally nominated in the speaking proposal must be approved by DATAVERSITY and complete their registration at least one month prior to the start of the conference in order to be included in the conference program and materials.
- All speaking proposals are deemed to be made on behalf of the individual speaker rather than the speaker’s employer or organization unless an exception is specified in the proposal process. As such, when a speaker changes their employer or organization after being invited to speak, the individual speaker is deemed to retain the invitation rather than it deferring to their original employer. Any exceptions to this must be noted by the submitting individual at the time of making the proposal.